Division: Structural & Civil Engineering
Location: Central London
Job Title: Group Director
A progressive design led consultancy which, over recent years, has been recognised as one of the most successful cutting-edge practices in its field, collaborating with architects, developers and contractors both in the UK and internationally. Since forming it has grown consistently on the back of a reputation for innovation, creativity and delivery and, as a consequence, has won numerous awards.
Enjoys a reputation as one of the country’s leading Civil and Structural Engineers across a diverse cultural spread. The stability and growth of the company have attracted the very best engineers with the promise of progressing and expanding their careers.
Roles and responsibilities:
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Chartered Structural Engineer to assist in the management of projects within the structural engineering group at Management Director level, reporting to a Group Director. You will have experience of undertaking the design and project management of structural and civil engineering projects including the production of structural designs, calculations, drawings and specifications. You will have been working on large scale projects and possess a strong awareness of the local market. You will also have experience as a project engineer responsible for management of the design phase including financial management and control of the design process with experience of managing a team is desirable. A seasoned Engineer you will have gained a minimum of ten or more years in the industry and be well acquainted with the industry scene in terms of contacts with developers, Architects and Surveyors.
As a senior member of staff the responsibilities shall include, but shall not be limited to the
- Managing projects effectively and efficiently
- Exercising financial control over projects and assisting in assessing fees
- Acting as Project Director and a key client interface at a technical level
- Providing technical support to the building structures team
- Assisting in the development of new technology and ways of working
- Promoting and developing a multi-disciplinary working
- Providing Client care and development
- Client liaison and the production of tenders, including quality documentation and costings for submissions.
- Overall Project Management including program and resource monitoring, quality control, technical management and delivery.
- Preparation and management of Project Execution Plans
- Preparation and management of the Project Inception Document
- Representing the business, including related disciplines, at external meetings.
- Technical background
- Commercial acumen
- People management
- Project management
- Project Financial management